Thursday, June 26, 2014

Laurel Lake

Wednesday night. The day after my biggest swim ever. Six and a half hours in the water and boy are my arms tired.

But I felt pretty good for all that and decided to join up for a swim in Laurel Lake. The water felt a touch colder than the Hudson, even though it wasn't. I thought I would just take it nice and easy. Really stretch out my stroke. The swim is a rough triangle about 1.5 miles altogether. It felt good to swim towards something that wasn't moving away from me. The relatively flat water felt glassy smooth  after a day in the Hudson. I guess I really am a lake swimmer at heart.

Naturally as soon as we reach the furthest point there is a rumble of thunder in the distance. So the last leg of the swim turned out to be faster than I intended.

No comments:

Post a Comment